Drill motor & 1/4″ bit
5mm Allen bit
8 & 10mm wrench
screwdriver & tape measure
- Secure Control Module in any dry & clean location nearest actuator (like the rear of a cab or sealed bed). Connect the red and black harness leads to a fused constant (5A) battery source.
- Accurately place tailgate bracket h= 6″ (Ford 5.5″) up the driver’s inside face of the closed tailgate, 1/8″ clear from the bedside wall. Mark & drill (4) 1/4″ holes. Hold u-screw by a nut & feed down 1 hole, then up another.
- Feed blue and green harness lead into loom provided. Run loom over to the actuator and plug it in. Extend the actuator rod out by pushing button #1. Verify by unscrewing the rod counterclockwise by hand.
- Open tailgate and pin actuator rod to gate bracket. Swing actuator up and align attached upper rail bracket flush with the top of bed rail. Mark, then drill (3) 1/4″ mounting holes.
- Through bolt rail bracket, rail lip, and under rail braces.
- Adjust diagonal braces flush to bed wall and secure with self-tapping screws.
- Adjust latch rods outward at the handle (under the access panel or bezel), to the unlock position, so the gate will not lock when closed. Test & replace.
- The optional automatic spoiler mode feature requires the white harness lead connection to the vehicle speed sensor at PCM; and a tailgate pivot hinge clamp.
Push button #1 momentarily to open, and button #2 to close.
Pushing any button stops movement, then beeps (2) times.
Brown & pink wires are for optional momentary contact SPDT switch.